THE BLESSING ON FOR THE 15TH BIRTHDAY
San Martín de Porres Catholic Parish--Sahuarita
1. The Quinceañera and her parents must contact the parish office at least four months prior to the desired date.
2. Sacramental Requirements:
· The Quinceañera must have received Baptism, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation. (Must present original certificates at time of sign up).
· If the Quinceañera has not been confirmed of completed catechism for Holy Communion or Confession, she must register, attend, and complete Confirmation classes. She will receive the sacrament with her class.
3. The Quincenera must be an active member of San Martin de Porres Parish.
· The Quinceañera and her family must attend Mass regularly every Sunday, or vigil Mass on Saturday, at San Martin de Porres Catholic Parish in Sahuarita, Arizona to receive the blessing at this parish. (Use regular offertory envelopes for recording attendance).
· The Quinceañera must also fulfill the common requirements from attending Religious Education.
· If she attends Mass at another parish, she must present proof in writing by the priest or deacon witnessing.
o Frequent attendance to Mass at another parish will be considered as a non-active member and an additional $150.00 donation will be assessed.
4. The Quinceañera must be enrolled and attending school. We may request a letter of recommendation from her teacher (s) or principal.
5. The Quinceañera cannot…
· Be married, engaged or living in common law union.
· Be a mother.
· Be pregnant.
6. The Quinceañera Celebration
· There are no Quinceañera Celebrations during Lent.
· The Quinceañera celebrations may be scheduled on Fridays and Saturdays and approved by the Pastor.
· The Quinceañera, her family, and friends must receive the sacrament of reconciliation (confession) prior to the celebration so that they may receive Holy Communion during Mass.
7. During the celebration
· Any triumphal display of vanity is to be avoided.
· The rental of limousines or luxury vehicles are considered a sign of vanity and are strictly forbidden.
· Only the parents or the godparents may walk along side of the Quinceañera as she enters the church and as she leaves.
· In Quinceañeras the court may enter in front of her.
· The Quinceañera cannot have an escort at any moment.
· No more than 7 women or girls and 7 men or boys.
8. Dress Code
· The dress may be white, ivory, or any other appropriate color.
· It must cover the shoulders, chest area in full and fall below the knee.
· The headpiece may be arranged with simple jewels.
· All invited guests must wear appropriate clothes inside the church at all times. No exceptions.
· If the Quinceañeras, or anyone in the party, do not cover their bodies appropriately, they will be escorted outside.
o Lay men cannot wear hats inside the church building.
o Common sense: If you must ask… don’t wear it!
· If decorations are to be used, they must be kept simple:
· Flowers must be fresh and natural.
· Absolutely NO tape can be used to place decorations on the pews.
-Flowers for the Sanctuary must be fresh, natural and they are to remain in the church after the ceremony.
10. Music for the Quinceañera Mass
· All music must be played live (recorded music is not allowed).
· Musicians must be approved by the parish.
· Photographers must show proper credentials at the parish office before they are allowed to take pictures. Only authorized photographers will be permitted to take pictures. They must speak with the priest prior to the celebration.
· Photographers must stand of view to the congregation, wear discreet clothing and move about with reverence and prudence.
· $50.00 non-refundable deposit to schedule the event
· $300.00 per celebration for active stewardship families.
· If family members are not active stewards, a $100 dollar donation will be required in addition to the above.
· Family must register as Members of San Martín de Porres and bring proof of address before signing up.
Rehersals may be scheduled with the priest or another approved person.
All members of the quinceañera’s celebration will be expected for rehearsal.
14. Gifts for the Quinceañera
· The following gifts are permitted during the celebration of Quinceañera:
· Ring, medal, bible, rosary and flowers for the Virgin Mary.